2003 May 09 00:26

Re: [vox-tech] Knoppin' around with wireless

Re: [vox-tech] Knoppin' around with wireless

I gave Knoppix a try on my laptop also and I was quite surprised to
find that it detected my wireless NIC (Orinoco Silver) automatically and
connected to UCD's CS network without asking me for any information at
all.  Does your network use DHCP to assign IP addresses?  If so, Knoppix
_should_ just detect and connect to the network automatically.

What card are you using?  Do the appropriate kernel modules get loaded
by Knoppix or are you not even getting that far?  Have you got the card
working with any other distribution?

Matt