2003 May 08 16:08

Re: [vox-tech] Computer case for lots of drives...

On Thu, May 08, 2003 at 05:20:57PM -0400, Mike Simons wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I'm looking for a computer case that can hold a lot of hard drives
> (say 20 or so)... and a motherboard.
>
>   What I have in mind is something that is wide enough to hold 2 columns
> of 3.5" drives, and give them at least 1/2" of clearance between drives,
> multiple large fans mounted mounted in front of the case to push air
> across the drives...
>   The case should be able to hold a motherboard and power supply and
> needs one or two 5.25" external bays...
>
> Hot-swap and rack mountable is not a concern.  Price is
>
> - Has anyone seen something like this?  Who makes them?

I think I've seen something like this, made by Antec. I don't know if
it'll take a full 20 drives, but then, it's been a while since I saw it.

> - Favorite sites to look at cases online, for this sort of thing?

I'd check out www.antec-inc.com; you have to dig through all their
categories to find the stuff you're looking for. There's not really a
"huge file server case" category.

--
Samuel Merritt