2003 May 07 03:48

Re: [vox-tech] Re: crashes -- kernel problems?

On Tue, May 06, 2003 at 01:28:11PM -0700, Peter Jay Salzman wrote:
> begin Charles McLaughlin <cmclaughlin@ucdavis.edu>
>
> > Should I get an newer or older kernel?  For now, I'm thinking of disabling
> > this module to see if that fixes the problem.  I've mostly use a wireless
> > conection anyway.  :-)
>
> as for upgrading, that's hard to say.  you have to use 2.5.x since
> there's no 2.4.21 to my knowledge.  there might be a
> 2.4.21-pre-something out.  i'd probably try that first.

Just a datapoint -- 2.4.21 is stable (on my hardware at least) and is
now at rc1 (release candidate 1)

The kernel on my desktop is a 2.4.21-pre3-ac5 (ac == Alan Cox) which was
built on Jan 29.  It's run so well, I've never bothered building a
recent one.

-troy