2003 May 07 03:48

Re: [vox-tech] Getting lan connection to work on mandrake 9

On Tue, 6 May 2003, Dan Scholl wrote:

> I recently installed mandrake 9 on my system and am trying to connect to
> the ucd LAN.  When I try to configure the internet i get an error message
> that says the following:
>
> ismod'ing module sis900 failed at /usr/lib/libDrakX/modules.pm line 55
>
> sis900 is my ethernet card which is onboard (asus p4s8x). Does anyone know
> what this means?

Means the driver isn't loading.  I don't know anything about "libDrakX" or
"modules.pm".

Google [1] sez you need to upgrade your kernel to 2.4.20 for this driver
to work with your onboard ethernet.  I imagine you will want to get a new
kernel rpm (and corresponding modules rpm if they are separate), but they
almost certainly will not fit onto a floppy so download them with a
machine that has a CD-R or CD-RW drive.

---

[1] http://www.google.com.  I searched twice: "asus p4s8x ethernet linux"
and "mandrake 9 linux kernel version" (you could have just used "uname -a"
in a shell on your machine).

                                      Live:   OO#.. Dead: OO#..  Playing