2003 May 02 21:08

Re: [vox-tech] LILO Segmentation Fault

On Fri, 2 May 2003, Shorter Rankin wrote:

> When I try to boot to the hard drive I get
> LIL- and the system hangs.

FYI, here's LILO error codes (off some website):

L<m> Where represent one of 16 disk-error codes
LI    The second-stage boot loader loaded, but could not run
LIL	The description table could not be read
LIL?  The second-stage address boot loader located at an incorrect address
LIL-	LILO found a corrupt descriptor table
LILO  Run successfully

> Would it help if I move vmlinuz to
> /boot and rewrite lilo.conf to
> point to /dev/hda1?

Move vmlinuz to /boot.  But do not point lilo.conf to /dev/hda1.  Make it
point to /dev/hda.  Then you need to rerun /sbin/lilo as root.

I'm assuming /dev/hda3 is the root partition, right?

> Any help appreciated.

Good luck!

-Mark

--