2003 May 02 17:18

[vox-tech] LILO Segmentation Fault

Hello all,
Can't boot to my hard drive. Brand new install of
Slackware 7.1 on a 486DX2-66 ISA bus 16M of
RAM, 850Mb hard drive (1654/16/63), 1992 BIOS
with a 528Mb hard drive limit. To get around the
limit I setup the hard drive as follows:

/dev/hda1 = 16 megs mounted on /boot
/dev/hda2 = 32 megs <linux swap>
/dev/hda3 = balance of the drive mounted on /

When I try to boot to the hard drive I get
LIL- and the system hangs. I can boot
with an installation floppy by entering
mount boot=/dev/hda3 ro
at the prompt.