2003 Apr 29 19:54

Re: [vox-tech] macos x questions

As i recall, tcsh comes installed by default.  Vim exists, of course.  As
for the others... I'm sure you can get gcc and GNU Make installed.
Once you got those working, you can probably build bash for it, if you
can't find a binary.  GNU Plot may require X, but you can probably run it
without windowing (generate PS file instead.)

-Mark

On Tue, 29 Apr 2003, Peter Jay Salzman wrote:

> i've never seen mac os x, but it looks like i may have to use one this
> summer for work.   i have some questions about it:
>
> does it have gcc?  vim?  gnuplot?  gnu make?
>
> is there a shell i can use (preferably bash)?  or is the whole operating
> system point and click like windows?
>
> pete
>
> --

Mark K. Kim