2003 Apr 24 09:22

Re: [vox-tech] Need your help in recovering database.

Re: [vox-tech] Need your help in recovering database.

Soumyadeep:

I'm affraid the InnoDB addition to Mysql
is over my head. After viewing the InnoDB.com
site referenced below, it's clear that this addition
provides the commit/rollback transaction processing
features that I believe helps make Oracle bloated.

I can't help you recover your data, but I wish you
the best of luck in trying.

Anyway, it seems your limitation is the 2G file size
limit placed by the operating system. Jeff made mention
of a Linux kernal flag to override this.

--
Tim Riley

Soumyadeep nandi wrote:

> Thank you All,
>
> Thankyou very much for your cooperation. I doubt if I
> am able to present you properly.
>
> Replying to Tim:-
> > > Didn't find any fields in table 'blast_genescan'
>
> > Does "describe blast_genescan;" return the correct
> > columns? If so, maybe the perl script needs a
>
> > closer look.
>

> > > This for all the tables.
>
> > Do you mean that "describe table2;", "describe
> > table3;", and "describe table4;" all return no     >
> columns?
>
> This is after the command "use Entamoeba".
>
> After searching the solution in
> "http://www.innodb.com/ibman.html";
> I could get I must have specified "max" size. I've
> specified the max size along with some server
> variables viz.
> set-variable = key_buffer=256M

<snip>