2003 Apr 17 13:55

Re: [vox-tech] a better scanf?? (C-programming question)

Title: Message
there is a getch() you can use from ncurses, otherwise
See if this link helps

----- Original Message -----
Sent: Thursday, April 17, 2003 11:42 AM
Subject: [vox-tech] a better scanf?? (C-programming question)

Hello all,

Does anyone know of a better input mechanism from stdin than scanf?? I need the functionality of scanf, without stopping the program flow. In other words, is there a function that will store any keyboard info into a buffer, and then continue with the program until next time the loop executes and it sees what (if anything) has been put into the buffer, and stores the buffer contents once the carriage return is input??

I basically need a scanf that doesn't halt the program?? The only thing I have found is "bioskey" but I think that that is only in a dos environment??

Does anyone know how to do this in linux??

Thanks
Andy