2003 Apr 15 10:41

Re: [vox-tech] TCP and Linux

On Tuesday 15 April 2003 09:55 am, Mike Simons wrote:
> I can put together an example snip of code ...
> - explain what you want done at socket creation time?
>   (are sockets incoming or outgoing)
> - what do you want done if send a partial buffer happens?
>   (queue on a buffer to send next before send, block waiting for
>    send to work, return error, etc...)

Mike that's very generous of you but it's not that important
-- I would not take the time to do it myself, and there's no
guarantee that my assumption as to the cause of the problem
is correct.

However if you are dying for the challenge itself:

* it's a read/write TCP socket (very much like telnet) but
  the problem is with writes

* I don't know of any special needs at creation time

* it would be necessary to maintain an intermediate buffer;
  blocking would hurt performance and the app already does
  not understand error returns

Thanks for the reply!

-- Rod