2003 Apr 15 08:47

[vox-tech] TCP and Linux

A question for you Linux networking gurus...

Someone I know runs a game server daemon but doesn't have
the source for it.  It has a bug that I suspect comes from
doing send() calls to a nonblocking socket without checking
for a buffer-full condition.  Therefore some sent data is
lost.

How would one enlarge whatever the kernel's output buffer is
for the sent data?  I had this person try writing new values
to /proc/sys/net/ipv4/tcp_wmem, but that does not seem to be
the right tweak.

-- Rod