2003 Apr 14 14:43

Re: [vox-tech] Kernel Panic: Lilo did not find Kernel

Re: [vox-tech] Kernel Panic: Lilo did not find Kernel

I am using RH8.  By default, RH8 uses Grub rather than Lilo because Grub
is much easier to configure (I have done so and I am also a newbie). Why
are you using Lilo?

You also seem to have missed some steps in your kernel compile.  Here is
the list of steps from the RH Customization guide for building a custom
kernel (you should read the guide):

make mrproper
make xconfig
make dep
make clean
(modify Makefile to give your kernel a custom name)
make bzImage
make modules
make modules_install
make install

If you follow these steps, the proper initrd image should be
automatically created and your boot loader automatically configured.

Jonathan