2003 Apr 12 19:57

Re: [vox-tech] Padding Variables in bash

Re: [vox-tech] Padding Variables in bash

--On Saturday, April 12, 2003 06:07:01 PM -0700 Jim Angstadt <jimajima9@yahoo.com> wrote:

perl has a nice way of padding variables to line
up columns:

   print "\t$a", ' 'x($block - length($a)), "\tb:
$b \n";
Yikes! Check out printf, or write & format.

Is there something similar in bash?
I dunno...pipe them into awk so you can use printf? :-)

--
Ken Herron