2003 Apr 09 13:29

Re: [vox-tech] gnome hotkeys

On Wed, Apr 09, 2003 at 02:33:03AM -0400, Mike Simons wrote:
> On Tue, Apr 08, 2003 at 10:45:42PM -0700, Ryan wrote:
> > Is there a way I can make gnome recognize a key combination to mute my
> > volume? I don't see it as an option in gnomecc to do this.
>
> 'Run shell command'
>
>   Find a command to adjust the the volume... mute and un-mute.

  If all you want is a toggle switch, the script below should flip flop.

  If you don't have cam here are some commands that do the same.

mute            unmute
====            ======
cam -v 0,0      cam -v 75,75
aumix -v 0      aumix -v 75
gom -l 0        gom -l 75

  Alsa-utils should also contain commands to do the magic, under alsa
there is a concept of a 'muted' channel, so you shouldn't have to do
anything fancy like below, you just say mute and unmute...
  I don't have a alsa based machine booted right now... so there is no
example.

    Later,
      Mike Simons

Simple toggle example: