2003 Apr 07 23:56

Re: [vox-tech] SpeedStream 5360 ADSL modem, SNMP?

On Mon, Apr 07, 2003 at 08:03:24PM -0400, Mike Simons wrote:
> Hi all,
>
>   I have a SpeedStream 5360 ADSL bridge, which is using IP 192.168.1.1,
> is responding to SNMP requests, is listening on TCP port 80 and 6800.

Hi Mike-

I remember something about there being a hack to turn a speedstream 5260
bridge into a router. I don't have time to look into it, but here's a
snip from googling for "SpeedStream 5260 hack"

  Apparently Efficient sold a bunch of 5660 routers with crippled
  firmware as 5260 bridges because they couldn't deliver enough "real"
  5260 bridges. These boxes are identified by the string "060-5660-003"
  on the bottom of the unit. Word on the net is that you can patch the
  firmware on the device to turn it into a regular 5660 (except that
  it's missing the serial port connector).

I also saw some mention of this on the forums at dslreports.com
Perhaps there's a similar situation with the 5360.

Let us know what you find.

-troy