2003 Apr 02 01:28

[vox-tech] mod_ssl (was: Mod_perl)

On Tue, Apr 01, 2003 at 01:14:10PM -0600, Jay Strauss wrote:
> I installed apache-perl and libapache-mod-ssl, but I can't find any
> directions for configuring ssl (i.e. what to do to my httpd.conf.  Perl's
> working though

Here's a sample httpd.conf that will get you started. I formerly used this
configuration to serve identical content from my personal website by plain
HTTP and encrypted HTTP. (I quit running SSL after some nasty security
problems cropped up, since I did not actually need the encryption, but used
it merely for proof-of-concept.)

>8 cut here and place in httpd.conf 8<

##
## Virtual hosts. Note that HTTP and HTTPS run on different ports, so I need
## two virtual host per domain if I want the same content accessible by both
## HTTP and HTTPS. This is what I do here.
##
## An alternative is to use BindAddress ir Listen for IP-based vitual hosts.
## This is not usally done since you need one IP address per vitual host.
##
## Any httpd.conf or srm.conf directive may go into a VirtualHost command.
## Example:
#
##    <VirtualHost host.some_domain.com>
##    ServerAdmin webmaster@host.some_domain.com
##    DocumentRoot /var/www/host.some_domain.com
##    ServerName host.some_domain.com
##    ErrorLog /var/log/apache/host.some_domain.com-error.log
##    TransferLog /var/log/apache/host.some_domain.com-access.log
##    </VirtualHost>

NameVirtualHost 207.215.68.163:80 # replace with your IP. Note port 80 for no SSL
NameVirtualHost 207.215.68.163:443 # replace with your IP. Note that 443 is http/ssl port

# hajhouse.org
<VirtualHost 207.215.68.163:80>
ServerName www.hajhouse.org
ServerAlias www.hajhouse.org *.hajhouse.org