2003 Apr 01 13:18

Re: [vox-tech] Gnome Superficiality

On Tue, Apr 01, 2003 at 10:45:29AM -0800, Ryan wrote:
> I am trying to tweak my gnome2 panel. Here is what it looks like:
>
> 	http://the45.net/~ryan/gnome-panel.jpg
>
> I want to know if there is a way to add another one of those little
> separator bars (1). I swear I just deleted one on accident. The one that
> is there now is part of a window list widget. The other one I thought I
> had up was to the left of the time.

That, I _believe_ (from what I remember of Gnome 1, and what I know of KDE 2/3),
is a little 'grab' for the task list.  Not a separator.

I think you can make it appear/disappear.

> Secondly, I want to change the red hat gnome menu icon (2) to something
> else, but after looking through the gnome docs I still can't figure out
> how to change that icon.

Tried right-clicking the hat?  In there somewhere should be 'Properties'
or some-such.  Within that should be a way to change the icon.
(If anything, you'll see the icon in there.  Try pushing it.)

> Maybe I'll make it a debian icon to make me
> feel more like part of the lugod club.

Hehe... When it works, we use it ;)

Good luck!

-bill!