2003 Apr 01 08:50

Re: [vox-tech] california taxes online

cool site.  what is it?

well, progress was made.  downloaded the acroread package, and using
acrobat 5 i can now enter numbers into the pdf file, but that's with a
stand-alone acrobat reader.  i need to be able to do it in a browser.

i found acroread-plugin, which provides acrobat 5 as a plugin.

installed it, restarted opera and although opera was able to read other
pdf's it was not able to read the california tax form.

whoa - just tried galeon and it worked.  it's trippy to enter
information into an acrobat reader in a browser.  guess it must be
easier than writing a bunch of CGI (although i can't imagine anything
being easier than php...).

looks like i'll be doing my california taxes electronically this year.

thanks!
pete

begin Dmitriy <ace22b@myrealbox.com>