2003 Apr 01 08:46

[vox-tech] california taxes online

california online tax filing begins here:

   http://www.ftb.ca.gov/online/2EZ/Index.asp

they say that acrobat reader 5.0 is required.  it appears that version
5.0 is not available for linux.

if i'm right, linux users cannot file their taxes electronically in
california.

i was able to download the form "begin your return"

   http://efile.ftb.ca.gov/2ez/ez.pdf?2002_29443

and view it with xpdf, but i assume there's some kind of form interface
built into acrobat reader 5.0 that's not available with 4.0 (or xpdf).

has anybody been able to get this to work on linux?

pete