2003 Mar 29 18:21

[vox-tech] monitor woes :(

i have a monitor that started to develop problems yesterday.

the bottom of the image "curls up".  kind of like facing the letter "j"
head-on.

|xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx|
|xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx|
|xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx|
|xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx|
|xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx|
|yyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy|
|yyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy|
|yyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy|

where "y" has two sets of images.  what it should have, and aa line that
should've come from "below", but up side down as of someone took the
image and bent it upwards.   the problem has been getting progressively
worse.  the bend has been getting higher and higher up on the monitor.
plus, the image always corrected itself after a few minutes.  it seems
to have stopped correcting itself, though.

i'm fairly sure there's nothing i can do - i've checked out all the
options in the menu for hpos, vpos, rotation, etc.   but if someone has
DOES have an idea, i'm all ears.

has anyone ever taken a monitor to a repair shop?   are monitors
generally items that are worth getting fixed or replaced?

pete