2003 Mar 28 11:44

Re: [vox-tech] Re: Logitech mouseman and XF86Config-4

On Tue, Mar 25, 2003 at 05:24:18PM -0800, Robin Snyder wrote:
> >   Okay so you didn't explain the current state of what works and what
> > does not work.
>
> RemotePoint:
>   movement does not work
>   didn't try pasting

> >   I meant don't even try the steps below if the conditions above were
> > not true (both three button mice).
>
> I know.  Just thought it was worth doing the experiment to see how the
> Logitech mouse would respond.  And indeed, the Logitech mouse is
> completely happy at this point.

Robin,

I'm glad that the Logitech works...

  Your report that the RemotePoint movement doesn't work isn't detailed
enough... steps I sent had you check several of things on the console
and in X.  They were meant to have you stop at the first problem point
along the way so it could be fixed.  I can't be sure if this report is
for X or console because you don't say.

- Can you try the RemotePoint on the console and tell me if motion works?
- If motion works, does pasting?

    Thanks,
      Mike