2003 Mar 18 12:55

Re: [vox-tech] magic sysreq key

btw,

echo "1" > /proc/sys/kernel/sysreq to enable
echo "0" > /proc/sys/kernel/sysreq to disable

you most likely won't be able to delete this file (untested) because
these files are not real filesystem files.  they are abstractions of
kernel data into a memory region which "looks like" a filesystem and
gets mounted at boot time.

you can certainly catch an unlink event in a /proc file, but i can't
think of any official proc files that do anything useful or allow you to
delete them.   they're often used as switches (true/false as with
sysreq) or a way to glean info from the kernel (ie /proc/cpuinfo).

pete