2003 Mar 18 01:20

Re: [vox-tech] unfound ethernet card

On Tue, Mar 18, 2003 at 05:35:47AM +0000, Bryce Kuklok wrote:
> ethernet card is no where to be found.  it's a sony vaio pcgz505lek
> and i believe the card is an intel etherpro 10/100.  i'm running
> debian 2.4.20.  at start up a line fliues by that says something along

Bryce,

- What things were done to your machine?
  (kernel compile?, pcmcia utils update? etc)

- Is this a PCMCIA card?
  or
- Is the ethernet built into the machine?

- If it's PCMCIA, when you eject and insert the card do you hear beeps?

Try running:
===
modprobe eepro100
ifconfig eth0
===

- Does the ifconfig return no information?