2003 Mar 14 14:44

[vox-tech] mounting an external drive

I have an external drive setup through a firewire on a Sony laptop. I think I have one of the partitions on the drive setup at ext3....but how can I make sure that it it? Also how can I mount it so that any user and not just root can write to it? I have tried modifying my fstab file a few times this is what I have now (I can mount it as ext2 or ext3). I can mount the drive as a user now but still can't write to it.

LABEL=/ / ext3 defaults 1 1
LABEL=/boot /boot ext3 defaults 1 2
none /dev/pts devpts gid=5,mode=620 0 0
none /proc proc defaults 0 0
none /dev/shm tmpfs defaults 0 0
/dev/hda5 swap swap defaults 0 0
/dev/sda5 /Data1 vfat defaults,umask=0000 0 0
/dev/sda6 /Data2 vfat defaults,umask=0000 0 0
/dev/sda7 /LinuxExtra ext2 users,rw,exec 0 0
/dev/cdrom /mnt/cdrom iso9660
noauto,owner,kudzu,ro 0 0
/dev/fd0 /mnt/floppy auto noauto,owner,kudzu 0 0

I would like to be able to mount this on boot and this fstab does that except that I can't write to it. Thanks

Jennifer