2003 Mar 11 10:37

Re: [vox-tech] CUPS printing

I am no expert, but I have had a lot of success printing with CUPS in RH8. How did you set your printer up? I used the web interface by directing my browser to:

http://localhost:631/

I print over my department's network to HP JetDirect printers, which I know is different from what you have. An important step is selecting the correct driver, I think. Try looking around here for more information:

http://www.linuxprinting.org/cups-doc.html

Jonathan

Ryan wrote:
I have a LAN where our Epson C82 is hooked up to a MOSX machine. I am
using red hat 8 and I would like to print. I can get text files to print
no problem using the command line [using an lp filename]. I want to be
able to print things other than text though. In open office and netscape
I tried printing but the server cancels the print job giving this error
on the web-based log file:

    Error:  client-error-not-possible

Even when I print to a postscript format in open office and then print
using the command line, CUPS still gives me the same error.

I have tried printing to this same printer from Windows and everything
works great. Every program I have ever tried printing from has worked
from Windows.

-ryan