2003 Mar 11 08:40

Re: [vox-tech] SSH On Home Network

On Mon, 10 Mar 2003, Jim Angstadt wrote:
> Could you give me a starting point for this, please.
> I'm totally ignorant on firewalls and filters.

When you installed 8.0, did you include firewalling?  The redhat-installed
firewall blocks out just about everything that is not selected as trusted.
If the machine is already behind a firewall on a trusted lan, or if it is
not connected to the internet, I would disable the firewall.

I'm not sure if 8.0's firewall runs ipchains or iptables.  You can check
by typing "lsmod | grep ipchains".  If you see a line there, then you can
disable the firewall by typing "ipchains -F".  If it is running iptables,
typing "ipchains -F" should disable it.  Let us know what happensi.