2003 Mar 10 12:45

Re: [vox-tech] spam assassin question

On Fri, Mar 07, 2003 at 09:31:59AM -0800, Peter Jay Salzman wrote:

> in http://spamassassin.org/tests.html, what does it mean when you see an
> entry that has multiple scores, like:
>
> header    From: does not include a real name     NO_REAL_NAME
>
>                                       0.888 0.732 0.887 0.991
>
> how does spam assassin choose which score to assign?

See  Mail::SpamAssassin::Conf man page for relevant information about
smapassassin config.

Relevant part:

   score SYMBOLIC_TEST_NAME n.nn [ n.nn n.nn n.nn ]

        If four valid scores are listed, then the score that is used depends
        on how SpamAssassin is being used. The first score is used when both Bayes and
        network tests are disabled. The second score is used when Bayes is disabled,
        but network tests are enabled. The third score is used when Bayes is
        enabled and network tests are disabled. The fourth score is used
        when Bayes is enabled and network tests are enabled.

Hope this helps.

--
	GPG key-id: 1024D/DF04A255                 Dmitriy
	AA16 8FAB 74E1 3511 83D0  9F4B F087 CEC9 DF04 A255