2003 Mar 10 12:45

[vox-tech] Red Hat 8 Screen Resolution

  I just installed Red Hat 8 and I had been having some issues with my
Intel 845G video adapter and . I had tried to install XFree86
4.3 last week, but after I botched that I decided to reinstall Red Hat 8
with the default Workstation install and surprisingly enough my video
adapter works and I can use Gnome.

  However, the problem now is that I can't change the resolution, and I
think red hat got rid of Xconfigurator. Here is what my XF86Config file
looks like in the screen section. I used the gnome Display configuration
tool and this is what it has in the config file now.

I'm currently using XFree86-4.2.0-72 kernel 2.4.18-26.8.0.

Section "Screen"
        Identifier "Screen0"
        Device     "Intel 845"
        Monitor    "Monitor0"
        DefaultDepth     16
        SubSection "Display"
                Depth     16
                Modes    "1280x960" "1152x864" "1024x768" "800x600"
"640x480"
        EndSubSection
EndSection

After a reboot the resolution still won't change. I'm stuck in 1024x768.
don't see any errors in the log file.

-ryan