2003 Mar 02 20:34

Re: [vox-tech] NFS and user IDs

On Sunday 02 March 2003 09:50 am, Shawn P. Neugebauer wrote:
> On Sunday 02 March 2003 09:20 am, Rod Roark wrote:
> > Anyone know if there's a way to map user IDs (other than
> > root) across NFS?
> >
> > I.e., user "rod" on the client machine has ID 1000, but on
> > the NFS server is 500, and I'd like general access to my
> > home directory from the client.
>
> The simplest solution is to use the same UID when you configure
> the 2nd machine....

Thanks Shawn.  One thing I tried which I thought should have
worked, but did not, is an entry like this in /etc/exports:

/home rod(rw,all_squash,anonuid=500,anongid=500)

However when I mount this from the client I still get a
permission-denied error when trying to cd into my home
directory.  I don't understand this.

-- Rod