January 6: Social gathering
2003 Feb 27 17:30

Re: [vox-tech] Skipping sound

On Thu, Feb 27, 2003 at 03:03:22PM -0800, Samuel Merritt wrote:
> On Thu, Feb 27, 2003 at 04:14:26PM -0500, Mike Simons wrote:
> > > [...]
> > >   I don't have a solution... but checking a few more details.
> > could you run the following:
> >   lspci -vvv
> [much removed].

  Great... now I read about this before but have never had a need to
fiddle with it...

  http://www.reric.net/linux/pci_latency.html

I'll reread that and make some suggestions...

also about bfp: http://www.glines.org/software/bfr.html

Package: bfr
 bfr's purpose is to buffer data.  It buffers from its standard input
 and/or a list of files of your choosing, and allows this data to flow
 to its standard output at whatever rate that end can handle.  It's
 useful for any situation in which its beneficial to have I/O occur in
 a detached yet smooth fashion.
 Also contained is bfp, a buffering /dev/dsp writer.  Pipe your raw PCM
 data to it, for skip-free bliss.