2003 Feb 26 13:56

Re: [vox-tech] Skipping sound

Running twm, mpg123 in an xterm, and Mozilla with X niced to 0, the
sound still skips when I scroll in Mozilla.

The skipping even happens with "play" (wave file player), and this
machine is grossly overpowered for just playing music and running X, so
I doubt it's a CPU time issue.

I'm actually running Mandrake 9.0 on the machine in question, and X
started out niced to -10.

Also, I forgot to mention earlier that I've ruled out an IRQ conflict.
Theoretically, since they're both PCI devices, the sound and video cards
should be able to share an IRQ, but I moved the video card around to
ensure that they're on different IRQs.