2003 Feb 26 10:43

[vox-tech] WU-FTPd question

Thanks for the answer on having the devel tools loaded.  As soon as I got
those, it worked like a champ.  Now on to a new question...

I am trying to setup guest user accounts with wu-ftpd, and I completed all
of the steps outlined in the wu-ftpd FAQ area.  I've added my user, made the
password, chrooted them, chmoded their user area and adjusted the ftpaccess
file accordingly.  But, when I try to logon to the FTP using the <username>
and <password>  I get an error saying that the password isn't correct.  Now,
I know that I'm typing in the correct password and I've verified that many
times, but it still won't work.  I CAN logon to the account via  a real user
account, but I can't logon with a guest user.  Any ideas?

Thomas