2003 Feb 23 08:05

Re: [vox-tech] radeon 9700 pro problems

I have a 9700 Pro working with Debian unstable. I converted the .rpm to .deb
using alien and installed. then I used the firegl config app to generate a
config file and it just fired right up.

it does feel (no benchmarks) slower than my gf4 4400 (which I currently have
back in my machine), both 3d and 2d... but the ati's picture quality is nicer.

All in all, the ati drivers are pretty crappy.

-Gabe