January 6: Social gathering
2003 Feb 19 20:07

[vox-tech] samba permissions issue

I have a public upload directory set up with permissions 775, where I want want
people in my 'users' group to be able to upload files.

Files that are uploaded are given permissions 755. Using ssh, etc, other users
can only read the files, like they should. However, I'm finding that over the
network neighborhood (winbloze), non-owners of a file that are logged in over
the network, but still belonging to the 'users' group, can delete any of the
files in the directory. I don't know why this is. smbd is currently running as
root.