2003 Feb 11 18:05

Re: [vox-tech] cgi-bin in user home dirs

Re: [vox-tech] cgi-bin in user home dirs

Tim wasn't quite sure what he was trying to do, and he said that. He
gave you instructions to access http://localhost/cgi-ja/ as a cgi-bin
directory. You are trying to access http://localhost/~ja/cgi-bin/

Now I'm also shooting in the dark here (I don't use Apache, but I looked
through the documentation to see what the solution might be. I suggest
you check out my suggestion in the documentation yourself.) but it looks
like the solution is to say something along the lines of

<Directory /home/*/cgi-bin/>
	Options ExecCGI
</Directory>

CHECK THIS OUT IN THE DOCUMENTATION BEFORE YOU DO IT. I KNOW NOTHING
ABOUT APACHE AND CANNOT BE SURE THAT THIS WILL WORK. Specifically, I'm
not entirely certain that the Options line is correct.

--
PGP/GPG Fingerprint: D5E2 8839 6ED3 3305 805C  941F 9476 A9BD E2B2 CAD1
Import with `gpg --keyserver pgp.mit.edu --recv-key E2B2CAD1`