2003 Feb 12 09:04

Re: [vox-tech] X server help

On Tue, Feb 11, 2003 at 01:06:53PM -0800, Jennifer Stickel wrote:
> Thanks for the help.  I am getting closer now I think.  I got the
> drivers from NVIDIA and installed them as mentioned on the website.  Now
> when I try 'startx' I get the error
>
> Fatal server error:
> Caught signal 11. Server aborting.
>
> When I look in the log file, everything seems to load properly up until
> it says
> (II) [GLX]: Initializing GLX extension.

I may be repeating a few things here...
In the "Device" section of your active "ServerLayout" in /etc/X11/XF86Config-4
you need:
    Driver      "nvidia"

In the "Module" section you need (at least):
	Load    "glx"

If they exist, these two lines should be commented out:
#   Load    "GLcore"
#   Load    "dri"

And you did install both the NVIDIA_GLX-1.0-nnnn package as well as the
NVIDIA_kernel-1.0-nnnn package?

-troy