2003 Feb 11 14:18

Re: [vox-tech] xmms failure

I just noticed that another of my programs is broken. Trying to fix by rpm gives a similar error. How do I remount my Linux partition as read-only and run fsck, as you suggest?

Thanks,
Jonathan

Peter Jay Salzman wrote:
hi jonathan,

that cpio error may hint at either a munged rpm or filesystem
corruption. it's odd that lstat failed. i hope it was lstating
something within the cpio archive, and not something that's on the hard
drive. some ideas to try in no particular order. and yes, some of it
is grasping at straws:

is xmms a symbolic link?

try redownloading the rpm from a different site or using a different
method.

try remounting / as read-only and run fsck.

also, look for DriveSeek type errors in your system logs.

pete

begin Rusty Minden <clownsinc@attbi.com>
XMMS depends on other packages. For instance with Debian I have to install unzip or I can't use skins. You may have updated a package that was required and now XMMS does not see the required package. This is only a guess though.

Rusty