2003 Feb 11 16:04

[vox-tech] Re: Computer/TV dilemma

A couple of easy solutions:

1. They now sell flat screen LCD Monitors with TV inputs and a remote or you can add a viewsonic TV adapter that makes any monitor a TV with a remote.

2.If you want to go the video card option, ATI all-in-wonder cards can input coax, composite, S-vid and export S- vid, composite. They even have a usb remote.
I will admit though I haven't treid to get the remote to work in Linux. So I would suggest option 1.

-Alex Mandel

"My wife wants both a small TV and a computer in our kitchen.
I'm thinking, why not combine them? Does anyone have
suggestions for good ways to do that? For example would it
work out better to find a small HDTV that can double as a
monitor, or to use a normal monitor and add a TV tuner card
into the computer?

The computer part does not need to be much -- it would be a
"thin client" networked to a server in my office. But I do
want at least 1024x768 resolution.

-- Rod"