2003 Feb 11 14:18

[vox-tech] Baysian classifiers for detecting spam

[vox-tech] Baysian classifiers for detecting spam

I've used SpamAssassin for a while, with good results for the first few
months. Lately its effectiveness has degraded. I'm tempted to try a Bayesian
filter. Five such programs are available in Debian:

	spamprobe
	spamoracle
	crm114
	bogofilter
	ifile
	(there are even more Bayesian filters listed on Freshmeat)

These all look good from the descriptions, especially bogofilter. Does any
one have experience with any of these that could recommend one over the
others? Any general thoughts on Bayesian mail filtering?

--
Henry House