2003 Feb 10 15:39

Re: [vox-tech] Computer/TV dilemma

can you get HDTV tuner cards?

----- Original Message -----
From: "Rod Roark" <rod@sunsetsystems.com>
To: <vox-tech@lists.lugod.org>
Sent: Monday, February 10, 2003 5:32 PM
Subject: [vox-tech] Computer/TV dilemma

My wife wants both a small TV and a computer in our kitchen.
I'm thinking, why not combine them?  Does anyone have
suggestions for good ways to do that?  For example would it
work out better to find a small HDTV that can double as a
monitor, or to use a normal monitor and add a TV tuner card
into the computer?

The computer part does not need to be much -- it would be a
"thin client" networked to a server in my office.  But I do
want at least 1024x768 resolution.

-- Rod