2003 Feb 08 18:04

[vox-tech] an answer to X11 forwarding with ssh2

[vox-tech] an answer to X11 forwarding with ssh2

A while back, I posted a question about not being able to forward X11 over
ssh2--the display wasn't getting set.  The answer is:

1.  I didn't know that sshd had its own config file, sshd_config, which
also has a forward X11 yes/no setting, and

2.  sshd does not get reset when you log out, only when you reboot (or
stop and restart ssh with something like /etc/init.d ssh stop and
/etc/init.d/ssh start).  Fixing the config file and logging back in again
won't cut it.

So there you are--an answer for the archive.

			- robin.