2003 Feb 07 12:16

Re: [vox-tech] testing kmail send

On Friday 07 February 2003 11:47, Jim wrote:
> test (please work)
BWA HA HA HA!!!!!!!! I did it!  I have been having problems configuring my
send parameters in kmail but now I think I have it licked!

I posted a concern under |linux or bust| stating that I was having problems so
I will describe what was the problem:

I was getting an error message   Sending failed:  Unknown host
sysmatrix.net~~~~~~The following transport protocol was used.
SMTP.sysmatrix.net.

There lied the problem.  I had SMTP.sysmatrix.net under name.  Heck, I just
put my name in and tried to resend another email but had a different error
message stating that the server rejected me  and the most likely cause was an
incorrect password.  So I checked again.  I found that I have placed under
log in name evesautomotive@sysmatrix.net.  Thinking that this might be my
problem I decided to to just use evesautomotive ( I used the whole email
address when configuring Internet Exploder and it worked), resent email and
wala, worked!

Grasshopper