2003 Feb 06 11:07

kmail problem (was [vox-tech] linux or bust)

kmail problem (was [vox-tech] linux or bust)

begin Jim <evesautomotive@sysmatrix.net>
> Jim wrote:
>
> >I have just installed suse linux 8.1 and being new to linux I am
> >having quite a time .   I will take it one step at a time though.
> >
> >Step # 1:  I can get mozilla's email program to work ( using it now)
> >but kmail is another story.  I had this problem when I tried to use
> >redhat 7.1 but never figured it out.  I do believe that the key is
> >somewhere in the local files but unsure.
> >
> >If someone has any insight on my problem, please let me know.
> >
> >Thank you,
> >Grasshopper
>
> oops...I should have added...I can receive mail but not send mail...sorry.

jim, how do you know the mail isn't being sent?   is it simply not being
received?  or are you getting some kind of error message/pop-up
indicating there's a problem?

pete