2003 Feb 04 22:55

[vox-tech] Question about php settings and passing form data

[vox-tech] Question about php settings and passing form data

Hello,

I want to use a php redirector
header('Location: http://website.nofun/redirect.....)
and I want to pass to the page ref-ed in the URI a number of FORM variables.

However, I am meeting with little luck on this.

If I encode the variables as part of the URL with "&" as a separator, I
dcan get the form data and variables that store them (names) to pass
through to the page.

However, use of
$_SESSION["var_name"] = "var value";
Does not pass the variable or data, and use of
session_register('variable_name');
is also proving fruitless. (I only used one or the other (_SESSION vs
session_register()) not both.)

I expect this should work, but cannot find mention of setting for
controlling this. (I even tried avoiding the appearance int he URL by
encoding a \r\nvarname:%20var%20value\r\n to fool the client into passing
the URL with header data separate. No go.

Suggestions on what config settings should be examined within php to
ensure that form data can be passed as it should, in the HTTP header with
PHP 4.3.0?

TIA
-ME