2003 Feb 01 14:47

[vox-tech] what is GCC_UNUSED?

what is GCC_USED?  i see it in function definitions:

int displayCallback (
   EObjectType cdktype GCC_UNUSED,
   void *object,
   void *clientData,
   chtype input GCC_UNUSED
)

i've googled for it, and found it in source code for lynx, xterm, cdk,
and ncurses, but can't find its purpose.

it doesn't prevent compiler warnings for unused function parameters
(which would've been my first guess).

looked in info/man for gcc, ncurses, cpp, libc.  no luck.   anyone know?

pete