l i n u x - u s e r s - g r o u p - o f - d a v i s
L U G O D
 
Next Meeting:
August 5: Social gathering
Next Installfest:
TBD
Latest News:
Jul. 4: July, August and September: Security, Photography and Programming for Kids
Page last updated:
2003 Jan 31 13:56

The following is an archive of a post made to our 'vox-tech mailing list' by one of its subscribers.

Report this post as spam:

(Enter your email address)
Re: [vox-tech] KDE 3.1 update trouble
[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]

Re: [vox-tech] KDE 3.1 update trouble



Hello Bill;

Sorry about not including that info.

Debian Sarge, using woody for kde though. Was using KDE 3.0 and 
wanted to test out some of the new improvements to KDE 3.1

kmail and konqueror both work so it is not a total loss so does 
kdm and those are 95% of the kde packages I use (the other 5% 
are games and they seem to work so far too).

Rusty

On Friday 31 January 2003 03:10 am, Bill Kendrick wrote:
> On Fri, Jan 31, 2003 at 12:15:05AM -0800, Rusty Minden wrote:
> > I am having some trouble with an update I have done to KDE
> > 3.1. Below is the error list I am not sure were to begin
> > either to remove all of KDE and start fresh or to fix the
> > trouble. I hope this is not to long a message.
>
> <snip that VERY VERY long message ;^) >
>
>
> Going from what version of KDE to 3.1?  And on what branch of
> Debian?
>
> I haven't been paying the most attention (just archiving what
> I think will be useful to continue working on the kiosk box
> for DCN & Omsoft), but I've seen some people posting problems
> (and others posting answers) on the "debian-kde" mailing list.
>
> I'd need to go dig it up (but I'll let you do that, since it's
> 3am and I wanted to go to bed many hours ago :^) ), but I
> think someone said apt-get remove'ing kdebase and arts, and
> then apt-get install'ing them settles this.
>
>
> However, I COULD be remembering this ENTIRELY wrong, and even
> if I do have that right, it could only be applicable to a
> certain branch of Debian (Sid vs Woody), or when upgrading
> from a certain version of KDE (2.2.2 vs 3.0.5)
>
>
> Good luck!  Let us know how it turns out (and what versions
> you're using!)
>
> debian-kde list lives here:
>
>   http://lists.debian.org/debian-kde/
>
>
>
> -bill!
> _______________________________________________
> vox-tech mailing list
> vox-tech@lists.lugod.org
> http://lists.lugod.org/mailman/listinfo/vox-tech

_______________________________________________
vox-tech mailing list
vox-tech@lists.lugod.org
http://lists.lugod.org/mailman/listinfo/vox-tech



LinkedIn
LUGOD Group on LinkedIn
Sign up for LUGOD event announcements
Your email address:
facebook
LUGOD Group on Facebook
'Like' LUGOD on Facebook:

Hosting provided by:
Sunset Systems
Sunset Systems offers preconfigured Linux systems, remote system administration and custom software development.

LUGOD: Linux Users' Group of Davis
PO Box 2082, Davis, CA 95617
Contact Us

LUGOD is a 501(c)7 non-profit organization
based in Davis, California
and serving the Sacramento area.
"Linux" is a trademark of Linus Torvalds.

Sponsored in part by:
Appahost Applications
For a significant contribution towards our projector, and a generous donation to allow us to continue meeting at the Davis Library.