2003 Jan 30 11:06

Re: [vox-tech] newbie annoyed with tin

So now that you seem to have everything correct, there's only one more
piece of advice I can give you, and this applies specifically to
news.ucdavis.edu. Before you connect to news.ucdavis.edu for newsgroups,
you need to authenticate yourself at news.ucdavis.edu using a web
browser and your kerberos login and password.

I suggest doing this by using the following command, replacing login and
password with your own login and password:

echo qy | lynx "https://secureweb.ucdavis.edu:443/cgi-auth/sendback?"; \
"http://email.ucdavis.edu/news/news-succeed.html"; -force_secure \
-accept_all_cookies -auth="login:password" > /dev/null

It would work very well to create a shell script out of it so that you
can just run the shell script before you run tin, and you can even run
tin from the shell script after authentication finishes.

--
PGP/GPG Fingerprint: D5E2 8839 6ED3 3305 805C  941F 9476 A9BD E2B2 CAD1
Import with `gpg --keyserver pgp.mit.edu --recv-key E2B2CAD1`