January 6: Social gathering
2003 Jan 27 10:52

[vox-tech] umount error during shutdown

I am getting (intermittently) some umount errors during shutdown. Upon startup the next time, it lets me know there was an error and performs an extra file check, which only takes a second and always passes.

I would like to paste these error messages, but I can't find the appropriate run log. Well, I can find the startup log, but not a shutdown log. Can someone point me in the right direction? I am not experiencing any compromised performance, but I'd like to fix this if I can.

I am running RH8. My shutdown command, by means of KDEs login manager, is "/sbin/shutdown -t3 -h now".

Jonathan