2003 Jan 26 14:11

Re: [vox-tech] Re: newbie now having trouble with pico

Re: [vox-tech] Re: newbie now having trouble with pico

Quoting Katie (krwright1@yahoo.com):

> I tried finding Mandrake rpm's, but when I couldn't I went for Red Hat.  I
> was told they were almost identical.  Was I misled?

Unfortunately, picking RPMs for a different RPM-based distribution is a
frequent cause of problems, which can in some cases be considerably more
severe than what you encountered.  Not a recommended practice.

--
Cheers,               "We're sorry; you have reached an imaginary number.
Rick Moen             Please rotate your 'phone ninety degrees and try again."