2003 Jan 24 05:03

Re: [vox-tech] Zope Tools for Content Management

on Thu, Jan 23, 2003 at 12:24:28AM -0800, David Siedband (david@calteg.org) wrote:
> Anyone out there used Zope for collaborative content management?  I am
> setting up a portal for researchers in an environmental planning
> process, and I'm interested to hear people's thoughts on some of the
> different CMF add ons that are out there.  So far I've been playing with
> Plone and NuxeoCPS, but I'm weighing them against building from basic
> Zope constructs like Property Folder/Object and AbraObj.

I haven't used it directly.  The IWETHEY forums are Zope powered though:

    http://z.iwethey.org/

Source is available at the site.

The admin, Scott Andersen, says he wouldn't do it again.  Zope is a neat
prototyping tool but starts falling over itself when the design gets too
complicated.  Single-threading doesn't help much either -- the 300-odd
(some very odd) primary members tend to peg the site out.  You can check
out traffic stats as well.

I'll second the plug for TWiki.  I've been using this for a CRM /
collaborative documentation tool:  http://twiki.iwethey.org/  Very
slick and flexible.  There are a number of other content management
systems (many of the "weblog" systems such as Slash or Scoop have this
capability).  Zope itself gets a mixed vote.

Peace.